5 reasons to study nursing in Finland at SAMK
• Learn from the best – the quality and equality of health care services in Finland is among the best in the world
• Plenty of job opportunities available for nurses in Finland and abroad
• Clinical practice throughout the studies
• Upon graduating successfully students will receive a license to practice in Finland, EU and the rest of the world.
• Gain experience from working in medical wards, surgical wards, emergency care, mental health, pediatrics and more!
Application deadline for all SAMK programs is April 3rd 2019!
Apply to SAMK now!
Bachelor of Health Care in Nursing
The Degree Programme in Nursing at Satakunta University of Applied Sciences (SAMK) will prepare students for a valued profession, in which they will be working with clients of different age groups promoting their health and wellbeing and treating their diseases. Students will gain competences based on ethical principles, comprehensive and multidisciplinary knowledge, practical skills and interaction skills.
Structure of the studies
• Basic Studies (Communication Skills and Basic Nursing Interventions)
• Professional Studies (Medical, Surgical and Perioperative Nursing, Child and Adolescent Nursing, Family Nursing, Mental Health and Substance Abuse Nursing, Gerontological and District Nursing, Clinical Calculations)
• Clinical Practice and a Bachelor’s thesis
The studies take place in English in a multicultural group of students in close cooperation with nursing settings and health care agencies.
• Copy of the final/official higher secondary school certificate or vocational qualification which gives eligibility for higher education studies in your own country
• Transcript of records
• Copy of passport ID page
• Online exam + interview